Austrian Office for Strategic Network and Information Systems Security (NIS-Office)
As part of Department I/8 in the Federal Chancellery of Austria, the Office for Strategic Networking and Information Systems Security is responsible for matters relating to the implementation of the legal obligations from Directive (EU) 2016/1148 concerning measures for a high common level of security in network and information systems across the Union (NIS Directive) and in Austria pursuant to the Network and Information Systems Security Act (NIS Act / German: NISG). In addition to the strategic NIS authority in the Federal Chancellery (BKA), the operative NIS authority in the Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior performs operational tasks.
More detailed information about the Austrian Network and Information System Security Act (NIS Act) is available on the NIS authority's website.
- NIS website (in German)
- Reporting platform for Public Administrations
- Reporting platform for critical service operators and digital service providers
- NIS Act (2018, in German)
- NIS Act – Notes (in German) (PDF, 547 KB)
- NIS Ordinance (2019, in German)