Effects of a no-deal Brexit for British citizens in Austria
Please find bellow detailed information of the Federal Chancellery on the effects of a no-deal Brexit for British citizens in Austria:
- Residency and access to the labour market
- Social Security/ Family benefits and child allowances
- Education, studying, youth mobility and research
- Company Law
Please visit the website regularly, as it will be continuously updated.
Additional information available
The Federal Government has set up a special hotline for questions about Brexit: +43 (0) 800 222 666 (free of charge within Austria)
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (weekdays)
Feel free to also contact us by email: email@example.com
In addition to the information made available by the Federal Chancellery, the following institutions provide further information in English for British citizens and companies in Austria:
The British Embassy in Vienna was holding a series of Q&A events for British citizens throughout Austria:
More detailed information for British citizens in Austria on
- residence rights (PDF, 896 KB) (provided by the Austrian ministry of the interior)
- Video presentation on residence rights
- social security (PDF, 181 KB) (provided by the Austrian ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Consumer Protection)
Guidance for British nationals living in Austria is available on the UK government website.
Information on the research projects under Horizon 2020 is available on the website of the Austria Research Promotion Agency (FFG).
Guidance for companies on customs, taxes, financial services and market infrastructures is provided by the Austrian Ministry of Finance.