About the Award Pan-African Award from Austria: Call for Innovations for Social Entrepreneurs
With the Kofi Annan Award for Innovation in Africa, the Austrian Federal Chancellery, together with well-renowned partner organizations, is looking to support innovative and digital healthcare solutions across Africa and boost their impact.
The Call was open to African social entrepreneurs and purpose-driven enterprises with a measurable social impact and sustainable business model. The focus of the first edition of the Kofi Annan Award for Africa is on Sustainable Development Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being.
Applications are closed.
For further questions about the application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
The Set-Up of the Kofi Annan Award for Innovation in Africa
The Austrian Federal Chancellery is inviting African social entrepreneurs and purpose-driven enterprises with a measurable social impact and sustainable business model to apply in order to bring their social impact to scale and benefit as many Africans as possible.
Nine candidate teams will be selected to further develop their solutions in the 5-day intensive Innovation Bootcamp and consequently pitch their solutions in front of a high-level jury.
Alongside this, candidates will further benefit from the Support Network of the Kofi Annan Award for Africa – a community of passionate and engaged mentors, investors, consultants, corporate partners and industry experts who share one goal: to help social entrepreneurs get access to the right resources at the right time.
How we select innovations
Innovations will be evaluated and selected according to the following criteria:
- Impact & Scalability: The idea has the potential to positively impact the health and wellbeing of a specific population.
- Business Model: the project has a scalable product/service with sustainable revenue generation and scalable financial model.
- Team: The team members have relevant experience, are committed to the project and ability to implement the solution.
- Innovativeness: The idea is a new technology, the approach of applying existing technology, process or business model addressing a problem.
- Traction: The innovation has shown demonstrable results in terms revenue, customers, investments, or grants.
The Kofi Annan Award for Africa is organized by the Austrian Federal Chancellery, together with the Kofi Annan Foundation and the operational support of the World Food Programme Innovation Accelerator and the Austrian Development Agency.