Kofi Annan Award for Innovation in Africa 2021
Apply up to receive 250,000 Euros in grants, intensive training in our Innovation Bootcamp and hands-on support from a strong network of mentors, investors and business partners. Dates for submission will be announced in September 2021.
We invite all African social entrepreneurs and purpose-driven enterprises with digital healthcare solutions and a measurable social impact to apply for this pan-african Award for Innovations. Please find more details in the Call for Innovations. With your application for the Kofi Annan Award for Africa you will get the chance to
- win up to EUR 250,000 in grants as a finalist and attend a 12-month accelerator program
- participate in a 5-day innovation bootcamp
- present your solution to a distinguished jury
- network with mentors, investors and potential business partners
- gain international exposure
Let us connect African, European and Austrian entrepreneurs to scale up and boost the social impact of innovative digital solutions.
What we offer
How it works
How we select innovations
Innovations will be evaluated and selected according to the following criteria:
1. Impact & Scalability: The idea has the potential to positively impact the health and wellbeing of a specific population.
2. Business Model: the project has a scalable product/service with sustainable revenue generation and scalable financial model.
3. Team: The team members have relevant experience, are committed to the project and ability to implement the solution.
4. Innovativeness: The idea is a new technology, the approach of applying existing technology, process or business model addressing a problem.
5. Traction: The innovation has shown demonstrable results in terms revenue, customers, investments, or grants.